w/c 14th December
Please do not hesitate to E-mail your class teacher to clarify any misconceptions or to ask for help!
HOMEWORK: It's Battle of the Classes on TimesTableRock Starz https://ttrockstars.com/
Keep working on your 60-word spellings https://www.greville.surrey.sch.uk/spellings-54/
Maths. This week we will be having a little fun with some Christmas maths - secretly practicing all of the skills we have worked on this term including:
- addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- square, cube and prime numbers
- multiples and factors
How carefully do you listen to the lyrics of songs? Now is your chance to have a little fun with some Christmas songs. Listen to Winter Wonderland with out seeing the lyrics.
Bing Crosby's Winter Wonderland on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5_dJUd3BY
On the 'Hear/Think/Wonder' Sheet fill in your initial impression of the song. Listen to the song again and add in more details about the song and what you hear.
Now read the lyrics.
- What key ideas can you take away from the song?
- What specific examples from the text support the main idea?
- Retell the song. What is the song about?
- What were the major events in the song?
- What did the author do to show the reader it was Christmas?
- How did the author help you understand/visualize the song?
Now do the same with Mr Grinch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nytpYtLtHpE